We do basic research with application potential and also applied research in the fields of technical chemistry, biochemistry with the propose of establishing new units and processes of technological applications.
We have collected experience in fields of chemical and biochemical technologies with wide spread cooperation with national and international industry, for many years. Our partners are the chemical and biochemical industry, the pharmaceutical industry as well as chemical engineering companies and all other companies who need modern, environmental friendly, economical processes.
History and Research Policy
The Institute had been founded in 1960 and operated under auspices of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences thereafter it belongs to the Pannon University and the University of Kaposvár to end of 2003. For the time being, it is an associated research institute at the Pannon University .
Directors of the Institute were:
- Korach, Mór, member of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1960-1966
- Polinszky, Károly, member of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1966-1974
- Blickle, Tibor, D.Sc., 1974-1984
- Gyenis, János, D.Sc., 1984-1986
- Markó, László, member of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1986-1990
- Gyenis, János, D.Sc., 1990 - 2004
- Nagy, Endre, D.Sc., 2004 - 2011
- Mizsey, Péter, D.Sc., 2011 - 2015
- Vonderviszt, Ferenc, D.Sc., 2015 -